Welcome to Truluvsports Week 1 Power Rankings. The rankings are based off of Week 1 performances. I don’t care who the team is, if you are 0-1 there is now way you will be ranked higher than a 1-0 team..That is utter disrespect for a team that is undefeated.
32. St. Louis Rams (0-1): The talk surrounding the Rams in the preseason was of a positive nature. Possible playoffs were being tossed around and then Bradford went down. The put up a stinker Week 1 against the Vikings and the rest of the season may show end results like this game.
31. Washington Redskins (0-1): The Redskins were set to unleash their highly potent offense but the Texans had other plans. RG3 must play like the Elite quarterback he thinks he is or this team will be in the hunt for the #1 pick in the draft.
30. Kansas City Chiefs (0-1): Was last season a fluke? From the looks of the defeat at the hands of the lowly Titans many would believe so. Alex Smith and Jamal Charles forgot the season started and left their team for dead.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1): Close but no cigar. If the game lasted only 2 quarters then the Jags would be near the top of the list for knocking off a division champ. Instead they showed why they still have a long way to go to be able to compete with the elite teams.
28. New York Giants (0-1): Why did the Giants open the season in prime-time? Eli has picked up right where he left last season. He seems confused or color blind while on the field. The running game has to improve or Eli will easily throw 30 interceptions this season.
27. Dallas Cowboys (0-1): The site in Dallas Stadium was downright embarrassing as it was a sea of red, not from the Cowboy’s faithful bloodshot eyes. Tony Romo has the weapons around him but the question now is does his weapons have the right Romo?
26. Oakland Raiders (0-1): This was a game the Raiders were supposed to make a statement to the rest of the league and themselves that their off-season moves were going to pay dividends. Carr had his moments but he will need help from the backs or he will end up like his brother.
25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1): No Cam Newton, revamped defense, new coach and new starting quarterback but still the same result in the end. There is potential in the lineup but they must find a way to have consistency on offense.
24. Chicago Bears (0-1): The Bills are a team on the rise but for them to come into Solider Field and leave with a victory in Week 1 either proved the Bills are good or the Bears have deep issues. Cutler must find a way to get this explosive offense in the end zone more.
23. New England Patriots (0-1): The Pats sit this low because the AFC East has been their division for years. The Pats were beat in every phase of the game in the second half. Brady was strong but was without a running game. Might be the passing of the torch.
22. Cleveland Browns (0-1): The Browns get a higher ranking than some teams because they played like their life was on the line in week 1. No one figured this team would be competitive but they showed they have pride and almost walked away with a victory against the Steelers.
21. Green Bay Packers (0-1): I for one picked the Packers with an upset victory against the Seahawks. The Packers are one of the elite teams in the NFL and with the banner ceremony I figured the Seahawks would be in line for a season opening letdown. The Packers couldn’t get anything done on offense and their defense was shaky at best.
20. Baltimore Ravens (0-1): The offense looked pretty good against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Now with Ray Rice off the team Flacco will have to rely of Forsett and Pierce in hopes he won’t have to throw another 62 times.
19. New Orleans Saints (0-1): Who Dat Nation let another division game slip out their hands. Blame can’t be completely placed on Colston with the fumble but the offense didn’t eat enough of the clock before Atlanta’s final drive and the defense couldn’t stop Matt Ryan and Co.
18. San Diego Chargers (0-1): Rivers had his typical day but he works best when he gets help from the ground game. The Cardinals defense shut down Matthews thus forcing Rivers to rely on the air attack, which is the strength of the Cardinals defense.
17. Indianapolis Colts (0-1): A moral victory is good but at the end of the day it still equals a loss in the standings. Luck has proven that he can be mentioned with the top Quarterbacks in the league but his team will never reach the promise land until the receive help from the running game.
16. Houston Texans (1-0): A changing of Quarterbacks didn’t seem to bother the Texans much as they man-handled the Redskins in the season opener. J.J. Watt is the best defensive player in the game and if you have trouble believing that then feel free to ask RG3.
15. New York Jets (1-0): If playoffs are on their minds then they must win these type of games. Geno, the running game and the defense did their jobs. Still a work in progress, but good win.
14. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0): The old team that keeps hanging around. The offense looked great for most of the game until the Browns decided they wanted to play for real. Big Ben and Co. can score a few point but the defense must help out.
13. Detroit Lions (1-0): The Giants made the Lions look like Super Bowl contenders Monday Night. But hey a victory is a victory and the defense, offense was clicking last week.
12. Arizona Cardinals (1-0): The Cardinals will rely on the defense this season but that is not a problem. The offense needs to find some balance with their running game if they want to push for a playoff spot.
11. Carolina Panthers (1-0): No Cam Newton, new receiving core and a few new defensive starters results in another division win. The defending NFC South Champs found a way to win a game they should have lost. This is what good teams do.
10. Minnesota Vikings (1-0): The Vikings offense looked explosive against the Rams in Week 1. Cassell didn’t have to throw for 300 yards, with Peterson, Patterson and Jennings the Vikes could make some noise this season.
9. Buffalo Bills (1-0): The Bills pulled off a major upset with their Week 1 victory over the Bears. The defense gave up yards but not many points to an explosive Bears offense. Their running backs don’t get enough credit but after this victory they have turned some heads.
8. Tennessee Titans (1-0): The Titans placed high on my list because they demolished what was a great team last year. No one saw this coming and I for one was very impressed. Locker looked like he was prepping for an All-Pro year but that defense was outstanding in containing Jamal Charles and Co.
7. Philadelphia Eagles (1-0): The Eagles almost made me disown them for the entire season with that stinker in the first half. But it’s a four quarter game not two. The offense proved why they are ranked up there with the best. The defense showed up in the second half and shut down a team that had no business competing at all. Main reason why they hit the 7th spot instead of a higher ranking.
6. Cincinnati Bengals (1-0): The Bengals have to believe this is their year. The talent is there on both sides of the ball. This was a great win for the team as the proved to the Ravens they are serious contenders.
5. Atlanta Falcons (1-0): Hard Knocks has forced me to have some respect for this team. I want them to fight every week and they pulled out a great win against a tough division rival in the Saints. Matt Ryan put up an elite-like performance and hopefully shut up his critics.
4. Miami Dolphins (1-0): Laugh all you want about my placement of the Dolphins. They not only got a Week 1 win, they beat and embarrassed the Pats. This is how you make a statement win.
3. San Francisco 49ers (1-0): The preseason is preseason and noting more. The 49ers were beaten down by critics throughout the preseason for their lack of execution but in Week 1 they showed why they are one of the top teams in the NFL.
2. Denver Broncos (1-0): Do you really think that Manning and Co was going to come out flat against the Colts. After a heartbreaking loss to them last year the Broncos wanted the NFL to now they are not playing any games this year.
1. Seattle Seahawks (1-0): I figured after the banner ceremony the Seahawks would be a little flat. Well ask the Packers offense how flat the defense looked last Thursday. The offense has a great balance and with the way the ended last season and begun this season they are the team to beat.