Welcome to Truluvsports Week 8 NFL Power Rankings. This week brought us a few surprises, close calls and complete meltdowns by a few marquee teams. The Broncos are trying to fight off the Cardinals charge to the top while the Raiders, Jets and Jaguars continue their fight for the #1 pick.
32. Oakland Raiders (0-7): Can they just call the commissioner and tell them they wish to go on sick leave until next season?
31. New York Jets (1-7): Note to Rex Ryan and upper management, “They are the same damn quarterback”.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-7): They put up a fight every week and I respect them for that.
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-6): That elusive 2nd win was within reach but then the real Bucs showed up.
28. Atlanta Falcons (2-6): They played great the majority of the game but still fell short. All you can do with this team is shrug your shoulders.
27. Tennessee Titans (2-6): They have their QB for the future, now they must find the remaining pieces.
26. St. Louis Rams (2-5): Chalk this season up as a learning experience, the future looks bright but the present, not so much.
25. Minnesota Vikings (3-5): A win is a win no matter the opponent, sitting at 3-5 is still a good look for the Vikings.
24. New York Giants (3-4): Bye Week.
23. Washington Redskins (3-5): The Redskins played their hearts out Monday night and proved they have some fight left in them.
22. Carolina Panthers (3-4-1): Good news for the Panthers is, the rest of the division is just as bad as they are.
21. Chicago Bears (3-5): It’s getting ugly for the Bears and their fans.
20. New Orleans Saints (3-4): There was a Saints team sighting Sunday, where have they been all season?
19. Houston Texans (4-4): Foster has decided to put on his Superman cape and try to save the season.
18. Cleveland Browns (4-3): The Browns took care of business against the Raiders just like every other team the Raiders have faced.
17. Kansas City Chiefs (4-3): Big win for the Chiefs against the Rams as they didn’t fall for the banana in the tailpipe plays that beat the Champs.
16. Miami Dolphins (4-3): The Dolphins are flexing their muscles at the right time.
15. Seattle Seahawks (4-3): Good win, much needed win but they are still playing at a sub-par level right now.
14. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2-1): Maybe this win gets them back on track. Do they have the quietest 4 wins in the NFL?
13. San Francisco 49ers (4-3): Bye week.
12. Green Bay Packers (5-3): The Pack was rolling the last few weeks, then oops.
11. Buffalo Bills (5-3): The Bills told the Jets they are the real NY team in the league. But wait, aren’t they?
10. Baltimore Ravens (5-3): The Ravens were on pace to run away with the division but they just gave life to everyone else.
9. Indianapolis Colts (5-3): Man that was a butt-whooping I didn’t see coming. I think the Colts need to apologize to the Steelers for even attempting to play defense.
8. San Diego Chargers (5-3): This was once a top 3 team then their opponents began to watch film.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3): Talk about a team with a renewed vision.
6. Philadelphia Eagles (5-2): Can’t blame the defense for this loss, just kidding.
5. Dallas Cowboys (6-2): Did the Cowboys become too cocky?
4. Detroit Lions (6-2): That win against the Falcons was a little fishy so I guess the refs are no different no matter the country. At least they are consistent with screwing up.
3. New England Patriots (6-2): Why did the Pats have everyone believe they were done? Thanks Pats and media for giving us the 52 fake out.
2. Arizona Cardinals (6-1): Must give respect where it is due.
1. Denver Broncos (6-1): The Broncos are on a mission, plain and simple.