Welcome to Truluvsports NFL Week 9 Power Rankings. There was plenty of moving as some teams have hit their stride while others have hit the wall. The Cardinals have eased their way to the top position with the Patriots hot on their heels. The Raiders continue to hold down #1 pick status but let’s not count out the Jets and Jags for that honor as well. Lets dive in.
32.Oakland Raiders (0-8): The Raiders have shown improvement throughout the season, but still cannot get over that hump.
31. New York Jets (1-8): Maybe if Percy Harvin could play QB, RB and defense the Jets could be in position for a playoff spot
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-8): The Jags are showing signs of life the last few weeks but the flat-line sound has been playing since Week 1.
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-7): No one is going to feel sorry for you in the NFL ,so the Bucs better suck it up and play ball.
28. Atlanta Falcons (2-6): Bye week
27. Tennessee Titans (2-6): Bye week
26. Washington Redskins (3-6): Last week they were the talk of the NFL, this week RG3 returns and steals McCoy’s thunder by stinking up the field.
25. Carolina Panthers (3-5-1): The season is getting away from them week after week. Cam looks lost, the defense can carry them but for so long and where is the running game?
24. New York Giants (3-5): The Giants have lost their way, which might bring an end to the great Coughlin era.
23. Chicago Bears (3-5): Bye week
22. St. Louis Rams (3-5): When they become consistent, the NFL will be in trouble.
21. Minnesota Vikings (4-5): The Vikings are making some noise and currently are in position for a playoff berth.
20. Houston Texans (4-5): When Foles went down the Texans had to know the game was theirs, but the defense fell to the great Sanchez.
19. San Francisco 49ers (4-4): Quietly as can be the season could be slipping away from the 49ers.
18. New Orleans Saints (4-4): The Saints are making their move on the NFC South, but is that something to really brag about?
17. San Diego Chargers (5-4): Are the Chargers in store for one of those Detroit Lions, Dallas Cowboys type of collapse?
16. Baltimore Ravens (5-4): The Ravens are going though a collapse of their own the last few weeks.
15. Cleveland Browns (5-3): At what point besides Sunday would you have believed the Browns would be 5-3? Good job Cleveland.
14. Seattle Seahawks (5-3): Is it me or is something suspect about the Seahawks, could just be me, right?
13. Kansas City Chiefs (5-3): They have begun to turn the corner, starting to resemble last years team. Watch out.
12. Buffalo Bills (5-3): Bye week.
11.Miami Dolphins (5-3): The Dolphins have been on a roll the last few weeks, but can they catch the Pats?
10. Dallas Cowboys (6-3): I know Romo is hurt but this is that time of the year when a Cowboy goes down, so why are we surprised?
9. Green Bay Packers (5-3): Bye week.
8. Cincinnati Bengals (5-2-1): Seems the Bengals have found new life, even if the win was against the Jags.
7. Indianapolis Colts (6-3): Andrew Luck has MVP in his sights and he is lock and loaded.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3): Are there words to describe what Big Ben and the Steelers are doing to the NFL right now?
5. Philadelphia Eagles (6-2): Foles is down and Sanchez is in. Did we really notice it was a switch?
4. Detroit Lions (6-2): How has this team flown under the radar this season?
3. Denver Broncos (6-2): They stunk up the joint but they lost to another top 3 team. Don’t know if that’s a good sign or bad.
2. New England Patriots (7-2): I believe it’s safe to say the rest of the league is rejoicing that the Pats go on their bye week
1. Arizona Cardinals (7-1): They have quietly went about their business of doing the small things that takes average teams one year to title contenders the next.